Thursday 28 August 2014

I hate growing up

I can sum up why I hate growing up in one story.

I have a friend I grew up with. When we were kids, she always used to put obscene amounts of ketchup on her chips. She wouldn't dip them in the ketchup, she'd just coat her plate of chips almost entirely with ketchup. I always used to laugh about that and we'd joke about how she was going to make the tomato plant an extinct species. 

Now my friend was sat on my bed 10 years later, crying after an argument with her mum about how they were going to afford the cost of travel to and from school. 

She had some chips. She opened some ketchup and coated the same obscene amount over them like when we were kids. 

That's when I realised nothing had really changed. Things had just gotten harder from there to now. 

And that's why I hate growing up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment